Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Its time to make the doughnuts.

In the movie Fried Green Tomatoes, Kathy Bates' character has a mini meltdown and says "I wish I had the courage to just get it over with and get really fat."  Love that line.  Welp, instead of the traditional lose weight resolution, I think I just might go the other way!  With the help of these beauties, it shouldn't take too long!

Biscuit Doughnuts
1 can of refrigerated biscuits
Oil for frying

Heat the oil over med to med high heat in a sauce pan.
Take a biscuit and poke a hole in it with your finger, making the doughnut shape.  Drop 2 biscuits at a time in the oil, and flip once brown, be sure not to over cook, they will burn fast.  Place fried doughnuts on a paper towel and then dip in icing.

Icing 

4 TBLS of melted butter
2 cups of powdered sugar
3 TBLS of milk
dash of salt
1 tsp of vanilla
whisk all ingredients together
if you like thinner icing, add a little more milk until you've reached desired consistency

You can also dip the doughnuts in cinnamon and sugar, but the icing is SOOOOO much better.
 This is a family tradition for my husband and his siblings, so I have to give them props.  It saddens me to think that all these years homemade doughnuts were within my reach, and I had no idea!  That's probably a good thing.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...