Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My cup runneth over.

Yesterday was my birthday, I am officially 36 years old!  It was an absolutely great weekend.  On Saturday Chad and I went to dinner with our sweet friends Rich and Bryndalyn in Kansas City at Lidia's, which is a restaurant owned by the famous Italian chef Lidia Bastianich.  


The resturant is so beautiful.  It is warm and inviting. The chandeliers were made out of hand blown glass.


First we had some amazing bread with an olive dip and some delicious pesto.  Then came the Fritto Misto. I was happy with that, is was out of this world!

 
My AWESOME, handsome husband, who totally rocks in my book!


Rich, listening intently to his lovely wife.


Bryndalyn.  I love this girl, she is such a wonderful friend, and possibly the nicest person I know!

  
Butternut squash ravioli, Classic Bolognese, and a yummy Spicy Shrimp Pasta.  Yummo!
 



  This picture is a bit blurry.



Torta de Chocolata - my desert = Heaven in my mouth!

The next day was my actual birthday, Chad made me coffee and chocolate chip pancakes.  Then I had lunch with my sisters-in-law, Libby and Staci.  We ate a great place called Esquina, in Lawrence, I had fish tacos with plantain chips.  I am still dreaming about those tacos!

Then I came home and had pizza and salad with my awesome kids and amazing husband in my PJ's.  It was a lovely birthday!

I am so incredibly blessed to have such wonderful friends and wonderful family.  I thank God for each of you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...