Friday, February 20, 2009

My cup runneth over.......

The Graber Kids - Dad, Chad, Libby, Lucas, Josh, and Micah


In the movie Hope Floats, the grandmother is tucking in her granddaughter, and telling her how much she loves her. She looks down at the little girl, Bernice, (i love that name!) and she says "my cup runneth over...." That is how I feel whenever I am with my husbands family. My cup is to the brim and running all over the place with love for them.

This week my brother in law, Micah and his wife Denise (you can find them here) were visiting from Boston so we all got together. It was so much fun! This family is so full of love and grace for each other. Five years ago, Lucy, my husband's mom, went home to be with the Lord, although I never met her, I feel like I know her, because her faith, loving kindness, and generosity is reflected in each of her children. Jeb, my father in law, is a quiet, intellectual, gracious man, he quietly sits at our get togethers enjoying having all of his children around him, and his 13, yes I said 13, grandchildren. We soon will be adding to that number, Micah and Denise are expecting, and my nephew Laken, will be born in a few months!

My husband is the oldest, then Libby, Lucas, Josh, and the baby Micah. Through out the past year or so, I have become very close to Libby, she is the best sister in law any one can have. Libby is one of the most generous people I know, she has helped me in so many ways, I will never be able to say thank you enough!

Growing up, I was never close to my brother, he is 8 years older than me and never interested in me much. I yearned for siblings, someone to play with, hang out with, just to be silly with. I am so glad that God has blessed me with the Grabers. They are awesome!


Grandpa Graber and all the kiddos.

I do have to share one last thing. We were at Libby's having lunch, when Libby mentioned her pretty table cloth that Dad had bought her in Greece. Dad said "I bought it by the Parthenon" Micah says, "The Parthenon? Is that a Greek unit of measure?" In which Dad responds "No its a big building, I bought it in a shop, NEXT to the Parthenon." Much gufawing followed! We all laughed until we were crying. So when buying fabric in Greece, ask for 2 to 3 parthenons and see where that gets ya! Sorry Micah, but it was too funny not to share!Lunch at Libby's - See the table cloth?

Denise and Ella

My wonderful Sister's - Denise, Staci, Libby, Me, and Meri

2 comments:

The Grabers said...

Oh, that last picture makes my belly look much bigger than it is (at least I hope so!!) :-) It was great to see yall- wish we could get together more often!

Candy Graber said...

It was great to see you guys, we miss you both! Your belly is beautiful and smaller than mine when I'm not pregnant!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...